Eric is an Austin and San Antonio photographer with a focus on lifestyle, food & drink, agriculture, and brand-storytelling.
EVERYONE HAS A STORY TO TELL. And being a storyteller at heart, Eric has an eye for crafting visual narratives with authenticity, emotion, and a sense of place.
Along side his distinctive food, beverage, and lifestyle work, Eric is adept at capturing the essentials of a well-rounded travel or brand story such as portraiture, interiors, and landscape photography. And with an affinity for working on location, he's as comfortable photographing cowboys at dawn on a Texas ranch or donning a wetsuit to capture commercial fishery action, as he is shooting beautifully plated food in an upscale restaurant. Additionally, his 20+ year background in branding, graphic design and web development help him visualize the end result of a photoshoot, as well as develop the story flow and shot list.
Eric is based in the Texas Hill Country, near Austin and San Antonio and is available for travel across the state and beyond.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN & WEB DEVELOPMENT: Eric designs websites and branding for companies both national and local, mostly in the food, farm or beverage space. He can photograph your project, write the content, and build the website from scratch. Reach out if you'd like to chat about a project.
- FINE ART: Eric is an award-winning soft pastel artist and fine art photographer. You can find his work at Davis & Blevins Gallery or here.
- WRITING: Eric is the author of two Texas books and an arrary food and travel articles for various magazines.
- First "Real" Camera: a 1979 Olympus OM-10, a loaner from his dad
- Favorite Foods: street tacos, neopolitan pizza, curry, barbecue
- Favorite Drinks: coffee, sparkling water, hoppy beers and red wine
- Outdoor Acitivies: exploring riverbanks and hiking mountain trails
- Fascinated By: how things are made and where food comes from
- Inspired By: passionate people doing what they love
- Obsessed With: light and shadow
- Fondness For: history and small towns
- Education: self-taught in fine art, design and photography
- Personal Motto: Life is a journey, so always take the scenic route ™
- Attitude: laid back and easy going, but hard working
44 Farms, Alamo Drafthouse, Austin Monthly, Barron’s, Caterpillar, Cancer Today magazine, Cousins Properties, Culture Map, Delish Magazine, Dripping Springs Vodka, Eddy Foods, Food & Wine, Edwards Aquifer Authority, GE, HHS, Homegrown Seafood, Houston Business Journal, Lennar Homes, Pappas Restaurants, Philly Seafood, Ranger Creek Brewing, Schiffer Publishing, San Antonio Express News, San Antonio Water System, Texas Co-op Power, Texas Highways, Texas Monthly, Texas Parks & Wildlife, The Local Palate, Twin Lights Publishing, Westfield